[Pdns-users] This can't be right - DNS Load Test Results

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 05:39:42 UTC 2007

Bert,

I'll try those settings when I run through the next series of load tests.

> Having said all this - actual powerdns performance problems are very rare in
> the real world, and the million domain+ installations keep chugging along
> nicely.

We have approximately 7k domains in our system right now and are very
happy. This actually came up during disaster recovery planning. The
schema for PDNS is so straightforward that we have been thinking about
dumping into a tinydns cdb file. This brought up the question of
performance and would we be killing ourselves if we went down this
road.

So now that I've opened pandora's box I get to satisfy my curiosity
and see just how fast I can get PDNS to go.

-Max