[Pdns-users] Re: CNAME/Wildcard problem - why you should care.

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 23:26:55 UTC 2007

On 8/3/07, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> Is there really a sane solution to this? I can see the same problem
> turning up for SRV records as well. Or MX records.

Yes, the solution is that PowerDNS should not offer wild card
information when the query domain does exist. Someone appended to the
bug I submitted saying that this was even in violation of RFC
standards. My hope here though is to convince people that this really
is a problem because as it stands now, I am in the small minority on
that.

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us