[Pdns-users] NSATC.net microsoft problem last week - did you notice?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Fri Aug 3 13:45:51 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

Last week something strange happened with 'nsatc.net', the domain that
powers many of Microsoft's services.

This affected the PowerDNS Recursor, which caused 'windows update' to be
unavailable for many users behind a PowerDNS Recursor.

Did anybody analyse what happened exactly? By the time we were looking into
the problem it was gone already. It may have been very brief.

Please let me know if you saw this problem, and if you did any analysis what
might've caused it.

Thanks.