[Pdns-users] Pdns-recursor, auth-zone and wildcards?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Apr 10 13:14:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 03:08:53PM +0200, Jakob Borg wrote:

> I'm trying to deploy pdns-recursor (3.1.4) with overrides for certain
> domains. The auth-zones directive seems perfectly suited to this, but it
> seems I can't it to work together with wildcards. Goggle yields no

Oops indeed, wildcards haven't yet been implemented in the pdns-recursor
authoritative server.

> Alas, the asterisk seems literally interpreted:
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> +nocomment *.example.com

Well, that is how things should be. But in addition they should be doing a
lot more..

> Am I missing something obvious, or are wildcards not implemented in the
> current pdns-recursor?

Please open a ticket on wiki.powerdns.com so we'll get around to fixing
this. Apologies!

In the meantime, you could forward those zones to a 'real' authoritative
nameserver.

	Bert