[Pdns-users] Re: [Pdns-dev] Now is the time to test the 2.9.21 snapshots + release notes.

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Mon Apr 9 18:11:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007, bert hubert wrote:

> Most importantly, the current snapshot (1023) now has binary packages (db
> and rpm) that are compatible with all current Linux distributions again,
> which our previous binary packages were not.
>
> Please find tar.gz, deb and rpm on: http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/1023/
>
> It is very important that people test the 2.9.21 snapshots so we can
> guarantee a very high level of quality once the actual release comes round.
> Also, if you spot problems now, we are ready to fix them instantly. Once the
> release happens, we might be too busy to cater to everybody immediately.

I would very much like to test this release against my LDAP server.

However, the static .deb does not include LDAP support.

I tried building again, installed all sorts of stuff to support the
build, but was eventually stopped by lack of odbx libraries (which I do
not use).

It seems the configure script lacks support selection of backends ?

I feel testing becomes less useful if I have to hack the install,
because it diverges from what other people will see.

Cheers,   Andy!