[Pdns-users] mysql vs postgresql

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Fri Apr 27 19:37:42 UTC 2007

Hi Adam

> We tested this on Debian 'testing'. Pdns version is 2.9.20. In testing I
> used the gmysql and gpgsql backends.
>
> Postgresql is version 8.1 and Mysql version 5.0.32

I've tried to reproduce your test results but didn't succeeded. The test
environment is the same (PDNS 2.9.20, PostgreSQL 8.1) but with a much slower
machine (Via C3 533MHz) and only 256 MB RAM.

My test results are (PDNS caching disabled):
- MySQL: 400qps first run, 1030qps further runs
- PostgreSQL: 290qps for all runs

> The following Postgresql settings where changed:
>
> effective_cache_size
> shared_buffers
>
> The following Mysql settings where changed:
>
> key_buffer
> query_cache_*

Could you please let us know the exact values you've used?

Thanks

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key