[Pdns-users] Reverse Delegation

Operations ops1 at frontierbroadband.com
Tue Sep 5 01:23:04 UTC 2006

bert hubert wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 05:00:59PM -0500, Operations wrote:
>

>>Can anyone direct me to documentation on how to implement reverse
>>delegation on PowerDNS?
>>

>Can you have a name please? I hate to communicate with 'operations'.
>
>Reverse delegation with PowerDNS is just DNS, in other words, for 10.0.0.1,
>make a zone called 0.0.10.in-addr.arpa, and add an entry to it for
>1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa etc.
>
>Good luck!

Sorry, got one here and one at work, name's Mark, I think I got it
figured out, anyway,
wasn't quite worried about, simple reverse delegation, but CIDR subnet
delegation
to smaller subnets of say a class C delegation.  Was just having
problems inserting
the CIDR delegation, seems it doesn't like something like
120/27.xx.xx.xx.in-addr.arpa, but it does
take 120-27.xx.xx.xx.in-addr.arpa.  Can you clarify if this is not the case?

Thanks in advance.