[Pdns-users] Pdns 2.9.20 - 21 svn crash

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Fri Oct 27 13:31:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 02:55:51PM +0200, Marco Chiavacci wrote:

> we have two dns server runninng bind 8 with a lot of zones (near 640000) and
> we finally decide to migrate to pdns + bind backend.
> All seems really fast and service comes up in 4-5 minutes vs. 2h40m with
> bind8 with the same zones and named.conf.

Nice!

> But suddenly (from 10m to 1h30m not more) and not in a specific situation,
> process dies with this trace:

This trace suggests you executed 'pdns_control bind-reload-now' at that
time. I see some potential bugs in that area, can you let me know if you
actually performed that command at the time, and with which parameters?

This should be fixable relatively quickly.

Thanks for trying PowerDNS for your 640000 domains!

	Bert