[Pdns-users] can I control the time for a master check to be performed?

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 10:58:22 UTC 2006

Mark Watts <m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com> writes:

>> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 01:04:45AM +0100, Nic James Ferrier wrote:
>> > I can't find a variable the controls how quickly master to slave AXFR
>> > happens.
>>
>> slave-cycle-interval=5 should do what you want, and check every 5 seconds
>> instead of once every minute.

slave-cycle-interval doesn't change the time at which a notify is
sent. I set it to 5 and the notify still takes about 3 minutes to
occur.

It's strange because the code reads like that should work.

> Or send a "notify" to your slaves?

I tried this with pdns_control... but pdns_control seems to alter my
serial numbers. Is there any way to send a notify without it or
control the serial numbers it uses?

And I'd really prefer to have it updated automatically.

Note I'm using the postgresql backend.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs