[Pdns-users] Problem compiling 2.9.20 w/ MySQL support

Jeff Fisher guppy at techmonkeys.org
Wed Oct 11 13:21:09 UTC 2006

> Install zlib-devel. The MySQL client libraries require libz for data
> compression use, and libtool is trying to find it, but can't.

I should have mentioned that was installed as that was my first guess also.

On a different machine using a different RPM for MySQL, I noticed libz.a
and libz.la are included with the MySQL-devel; however, that machine is
CentOS 3.8 and this one is 4.4.

After a bit more research, this appears to be an issue with the MySQL rpms.

Thanks,
Jeff