[Pdns-users] Failing to give SOA record for slave zones

Tom Z. Napierala tom at dba.ie
Thu Oct 5 16:04:37 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm submitting this question again, because now I'm considering an error in
PDNS :(
I'm using PDNS 2.9.20. When I'm trying to get SOA for domains configured on
that server I'm getting SERVFAIL. syslog output is as follows:
Oct  5 16:59:53 ns4 pdns[20758]: Not authoritative for 'domain.tld', sending
servfail to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.(recursion was desired)

PDNS is configured as slave for that domain, but even when I change it to
MASTER it doesn't help.
Is this intentional behavior? To get SOA is extremely important for us, as
some registrars require to have domains configured before attempting to
register them.

Thanks in advance for help
--
Tom Napierala