[Pdns-users] Can't get bind example zones working

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Oct 2 12:12:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

Let me start by saying I'm an absolute newbie at powerdns.

I downloaded the RPM, started configuring the program and,
as suggested, tried testing my install.

Added to pdns.conf:
launch=bind
bind-example-zones

PowerDNS 2.9.20 (C) 2001-2006 PowerDNS.COM BV (Mar 15 2006, 19:32:45, gcc 4.0.2) starting up

tried: dig -p 153 example.com.
Got a SERVFAIL
The server has this to say: Not authoritative for 'example.com', sending servfail

I also tried enabling it using the command line interface, in various
ways, such as /usr/sbin/pdns_server --bind-example-zones=example.com
/usr/sbin/pdns_server --bind-example-zones
and variants.

I have the bind backend running, in fact I am currently able to query
zones I created myself, it's just that I cannot seem to enable these
example.com records ?

thanks
Alex