[Pdns-users] problem with recursor

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue May 23 19:09:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 08:51:57PM +0200, Alessandro Bono wrote:
> upgrading recursor from 3.1pre1 to 3.1pre2 or 3.1 i have problems to resolve
> some domains. appens in a random way from my point of view
> for example just after upgrading to 3.1final i can't resolve
> in.alice.it or
> www.catb.org
> restarting pdns-recursor resolve the problem

Alessandro, thanks for the report. Can you describe what "have problems"
means? Do you get a timeout? A servfail? What does 'dig www.catb.org
@your-pdns-ip' say when this happens?

When it does fail again, run 'killall -USR2 pdns_recursor', and retry, your
syslog will contain relevant --trace output.

If that doesn't work, see if you can startup using --trace in the first
place.

Can I query your nameserver? I'll be sending queries from 213.84.159.51. You
can let me know your IP address privately.

If you have --trace output when it fails, also send it.

Thanks.