[Pdns-users] DNS Replication

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue May 9 15:08:52 UTC 2006

Norbert Sendetzky wrote:

> That's definitively true.
>
> If you don't need realtime updates, you can save nevertheless bandwith by
> doing slave updates only every hour. For near realtime updates IXFR (RFC
> 1995) might be an interesting (but currently not implemented) option for a
> DNS server.

We don't actually run PDNS on slaves, so it would need to be implemented
across multiple pieces of software...

We previously were doing zone transfers and it was hammering the
primary, so we updated our systems, and they seems to be holding up fine
so far...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
     but the optimist has a better time on the trip."