[Pdns-users] Pre-release of 3.1 available: Authoritative Serving, Windows, Complete IPv6 support, Bugs Fixed

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Sun May 7 18:04:23 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, 6. Mai 2006 23:25 schrieb bert hubert:
> I'm trying to get 3.1 out of the door in the coming days, so now is a
> good time to test. From this pre-release up to 3.1 only bugs will be
> fixed, if any.
>
> Tar.gz, zip, .rpm, .deb and .exe (!) available on:
>
>                       http://svn.powerdns.com/3.1-pre1/
One thing, that I noticed is, that the recursor running as a service on
winXP x64 (thank you to implement that!) logs it's messages as
type "error" instead of "info" into the xp  event-log.

>  * Initial Windows support, including running as a service ('NET START
>    "POWERDNS RECURSOR"'). rec_channel is still missing, the rest
>    should  work. Performance appears to be below that of the UNIX
>    versions,this  situation is expected to improve.

Thank you for working on that. I noticed, that the webinterface doesn't
log messages, only some startup information. Is this due
to "rec_channel is still missing", or because I switched logging into
the "nt event log" ON when registering as a service? Sorry, but I don't
know much about pdns and name servers...

Thank you for your outstanding work!

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling