[Pdns-users] greater number of truncated replies with pdns_recursor?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Mar 25 10:57:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:01:57PM -0800, Alan Hodgson wrote:
> On March 24, 2006 11:39 am, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> > In other words, the omit all records that are optional and make their
> > answer fit in 512 bytes.

As truncating and especially fallback on TCP is no fun, I've decided to
implement the "don't truncate for additional records behaviour". A one line
patch:

http://wiki.powerdns.com/projects/trac/changeset/616

Thanks for reporting this!

I do note that bind crams in 2 more records in the same answer, which is
impressive. To make PowerDNS follow that behaviour would require a lot of
work, for uncertain benefit, so I'm not making that effort now.

Build 616 will appear on http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/616 shortly (few
minutes after this post) if you want to verify the fix, which I would
appreciate.

Thanks!