[Pdns-users] Have I got a good one....

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Mar 6 16:52:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 09:38:46AM -0600, Mark Martin wrote:
> We still have a malfunction.  Seems to be recursor related???
> It will resolve for a little while, then quits resolving, restarting
> the recursor seems to fix the problem temporarily.

Glad you appreciate our quick fix.

When the recursor locks up, what happens when you query your nameserver? Do
you get no reply, or a wrong one (SERVFAIL?). Do you run the recursor
directly or via the authoritative server?

Could you record some DNS traffic for me to analyse?

Suggested commandline:
tcpdump -s 1600 port 53 -w for-bert

Run it through 'dnswasher' if you want some privacy, this will strip the IP
addresses of your users.

Thanks.