[Pdns-users] bug report / fancy records not working since 2.9.19

Mario mario at uni.de
Thu Mar 30 16:53:30 UTC 2006

Hello!

I have the problem that fancy records are not working since version 2.9.19.

I guess that there is a problem with my configuration. I reproduced this
error on 3 different servers.

I just added a prefix to my database tables, e.g. I changed "records" to
"dns_records". Then I had to add these "query" options to my pdns.conf.

This is my configuration:

launch=gmysql
local-address=1.2.3.4,127.0.0.1
gmysql-socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
gmysql-user=my_username
gmysql-password=my_password
gmysql-dbname=my_db_name

fancy-records=yes
urlredirector=1.2.3.4
wildcard-url=yes

gmysql-basic-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from
dns_records where type='%s' and name='%s'
gmysql-id-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from
dns_records where type='%s' and name='%s' and domain_id=%d
gmysql-any-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from
dns_records where name='%s'
gmysql-any-id-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from
dns_records where name='%s' and domain_id=%d
gmysql-list-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from
dns_records where domain_id=%d
gmysql-master-zone-query=select master from dns_domains where name='%s'
and type='SLAVE'
gmysql-info-zone-query=select
id,name,master,last_check,notified_serial,type from dns_domains where
name='%s'
gmysql-info-all-slaves-query=select id,name,master,last_check,type from
dns_domains where type='SLAVE'
gmysql-supermaster-query=select account from dns_supermasters where
ip='%s' and nameserver='%s'
gmysql-insert-slave-query=insert into dns_domains
(type,name,master,account) values('SLAVE','%s','%s','%s')
gmysql-insert-record-query=insert into dns_records
(content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name) values ('%s',%d,%d,'%s',%d,'%s')
gmysql-update-serial-query=update dns_domains set notified_serial=%d
where id=%d
gmysql-update-lastcheck-query=update dns_domains set notified_serial=%d
where id=%d
gmysql-info-all-master-query=select
id,name,master,last_check,notified_serial,type from dns_domains where
type='MASTER'
gmysql-delete-zone-query=delete from dns_records where domain_id=%d
gmysql-wildcard-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from
dns_records where type='%s' and name like '%s'
gmysql-wildcard-id-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name
from dns_records where type='%s' and name like '%s' and domain_id=%d
gmysql-wildcard-any-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name
from dns_records where name like '%s'
gmysql-wildcard-any-id-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name
from dns_records where name like '%s' and domain_id=%d

recursor=no

webserver=yes
webserver-address=1.2.3.4
webserver-password=secret
webserver-port=8081

Since 2.9.19 I dont get the urlredirectors's A record when doing an dns
lookup.

I did a "dig domain.in @ns.domain.com A" and mysql.log said:

Query       select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from dns_records
where name='domain.in'
Query       select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from dns_records
where type='SOA' and name='domain.in'

Running this sql query on the database I get this result:

mysql> select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from dns_records
where name='domain.in';
+------------------------------------------+------+------+------+-----------+----------+
| content                                  | ttl  | prio | type |
domain_id | name     |
+------------------------------------------+------+------+------+-----------+----------+
| ns.domain.com hostmaster at domain.com 2005060303 | 3600 | NULL | SOA  |
     1806 | domain.in |
| ns.domain.com                               | 3600 | NULL | NS   |
  1806 | domain.in |
| ns2.domain.com                              | 3600 | NULL | NS   |
  1806 | domain.in |
| http://www.google.in        | 3600 |    0 | URL  |      1806 | domain.in |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

So PowerDNS does an mysql query and get the correct information. But
PowerDNS does not send the urlredirector ip address for the URL record.
Why? Is it a bug?

Regards,
Mario