[Pdns-users] pdns wont connect to mysql backend?

Ken Scott angstsix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 17:55:50 UTC 2006

Hello!
my server crashed last night, and I had to reinstall everything this morning
on a new drive.
I haven't installed pdns for about 2-3 years now, it's just always run good
for me.

but now when I install the new version, I get this error after startup:

TCP server is unable to launch backends - will try again when questions come
in: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to connect to database:
Access denied for user: '@mydomain.com' to database 'pdns'

# Autogenerated configuration file template
launch=gmysql
gmysql-host=**.***.**.**
gmysql-user=pdns
gmysql-dbname=pdns

does anyone know why it's not picking up the gmysql-user ?

thanks in advance for your time!
-Ken