[Pdns-users] zone2sql back to Bind Format

AJ McKee aj.mckee at druid-dns.com
Wed Jun 28 18:06:19 UTC 2006

Hi Max & List,

Funnily enough I was doing just the same thing yesterday but in rather a
hurry. So I spent a few moments over lunch running up a php script. I ran it
and it "appears" to work, however I have not tested this with a bind server
yet as I just needed the zone files rather quickly (Long story tell ye all
alter).

Anyhow, the idea behind this script is to give you the idea of how you could
do this. At the moment it will only extract the SOA, A, CNAME, MX, NS, AAAA
records and again as I say about I have not debugged this at all, so don't
know if it works well yet. If there is sufficient interest (Why would there
be, pdns rocks :) well then maybe I'll put proper though and time into it.

So enough disclaimer, download it from
www.druid-dns.com/SQL2Bind.tar.bz2

HTH
AJ