[Pdns-users] Strange behaviour of recursor cache on a particulardomain

Darren Gamble darren.gamble at sjrb.ca
Thu Jun 15 22:58:50 UTC 2006

Good day,

> What does means the negative value of the first record in the cache
(the
> one not replied when quering the recursor) ?
> Is it a negative caching entry ? means that when the recursor tried to
> "renew" the record, it didn't find that value ?

You'll see this for an entry in the cache that has expired, but not
actually been removed (i.e. positively cached at one point).  This is
(seems to be!) normal.

I see this old entry in a couple of our non-PowerDNS caches too, so, it
looks like Bert's assessment is correct.  Wrong information was probably
given out some time ago...

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP