[Pdns-users] Strange behaviour of recursor cache on a particular domain

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Jun 14 17:28:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 07:11:05PM +0200, GAVARRET, David wrote:
> Because I checked few days ago and the record was already there with a
> lower value, so it should already have disappeared ... or else one of
> the authoritative servers still reply the old value ...
> Am I right ?

Indeed. I sent you a bunch of URLs separately mentioning DNS problems with
the domain in question, it appears there are wider spread problems with this
host name.

Unless all those posts are from your customers of course, which is not
impossible. Free.fr users also reported the problem.

My feeling is that in this case, the melusine.eu people might have messed up
previously, but that the problem is gone now and we are waiting for their
(large) ttl to expire.

But I might be wrong.