[Pdns-users] pdns_server won't start at reboot on freebsd 6.1

Marko Kobal marko.kobal at email.si
Tue Jun 6 12:58:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Could be that only one of the MySQL daemons is "up" when pdns_server is
> started. I'm not sure how to tackle that problem. Do you have two
> seperate startup scripts for each MySQL instance ?

Yes, I do have an mysql_hosting.sh and an mysql_system.sh. But this does not seems to be the only problem. I have another slave pdns (this one about which we were talking in this thread is also slave pdns) and on this machine I'm running only one mysql server with generic configuration. I added # REQUIRE: DAEMON mysql (hey: do I have to remove the # from this line?), rebooted the machine and still I get this (notice the "Starting mysql." before "Starting pdns."!). This is getting really anoying...

Starting mysql.
Starting pdns.
pdns[609]: UDP server bound to 0.0.0.0:53
pdns[609]: TCP server bound to 0.0.0.0:53
Starting nrpe2.
pdns[609]: Set effective group id to 5300
pdns[609]: Set effective user id to 5301
pdns[609]: DNS Proxy launched, local port 26807, remote 127.0.0.1:5300
pdns[609]: Creating backend connection for TCP
pdns[609]: Launched webserver on 0.0.0.0:8081
pdns[609]: Master/slave communicator launching
pdns[609]: gmysql Connection failed: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
pdns[609]: gmysql Connection failed: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
pdns[609]: Caught an exception instantiating a backend, cleaning up
pdns[609]: TCP server is unable to launch backends - will try again when questions come in: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
pdns[609]: Caught an exception instantiating a backend, cleaning up
pdns[609]: Communicator thread died because of error: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

--
Kind regards, Marko Kobal.