[Pdns-users] Problem with pdns_recursor 3.1 and Java Jabberserver Wildfire

Daniel Nauck dna at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Jun 23 13:48:19 UTC 2006


today i changed from a public bind resolver to my own pdns_recursor 3.1.1.
But from now on, my wildfire jabber server can't establish any
server2server connection.

I'm using Wildfire 2.6.2(http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/) with
Java 5 Update 7.

pdns_recursor trace when wildfire ask a question:
Jun 23 15:23:20 [19] question for '_xmpp-server._tcp.amessage.at.|ANY'
Jun 23 15:23:20 [19] answer to question
'_xmpp-server._tcp.amessage.at.|ANY': 0 answers, 0 additional, took 0
packets, 0 throttled, 0 timeouts, 0 tcp connections, rcode=-1

But if i ask the same with "dig" on the shell it works fine:
dig result:

pdns_recursor trace:

Switching back to public bind resolvers solve the problem.

I'm really not sure if this is a problem of java, wildfire or the
I also tested it with pdns_recursor 3.1.2-rc2.

Thanks for help,


More information about the Pdns-users mailing list