[ktm at it.is.rice.edu: Re: [Pdns-users] PowerDNS version 2.9.20_v563 slave problem]

Kenneth Marshall ktm at it.is.rice.edu
Tue Jan 31 16:09:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 03:40:24PM +0100, bert hubert wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:35:32AM -0600, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>
> > STATEMENT:  insert into records (content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name) values ('<80>*^_Ã^F',21600,0,'#1035',80,'backup.ruf.rice.edu')
> > LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
>
> This can only be due to a misparsed incoming AXFR transfer, ie this host is
> a slave and the remote is the master.
>
> Can you check backup.ruf.rice.edu for "odd" records?
>
> --
> http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
> http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services

Mr. Hubert,

Yes, the pdns server is acting as a slave to a bind server. The records
that are causing the problem are WKS records and I see from your documentation
that they are not supported. How difficult would it be to either add the
record type or discard it with possibly a warning instead of pushing the
odd record into the DB?

Ken