[Pdns-users] Domain Problem, again again again

Lorens Kockum lorens-pdns-3987 at tagged.lorens.org
Mon Jan 30 16:17:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 04:39:14PM +0100, N. van Kooten wrote:
> INSERT INTO domains (name, type) values ('free-hosted.be', 'NATIVE');
>
>         INSERT INTO records (domain_id, name, content, type,ttl,prio)
>
>         VALUES (1,'free-hosted.be','62.163.214.157 nivako at zonnet.nl
> 1','SOA',86400,NULL);
>
>         INSERT INTO records (domain_id, name, content, type,ttl,prio)
>
>         VALUES (1,'free-hosted.be','62.163.214.157','NS',86400,NULL);
>
>         INSERT INTO records (domain_id, name, content, type,ttl,prio)
>
>         VALUES (1,'free-hosted.be','62.163.214.157','NS',86400,NULL);
>
>         INSERT INTO records (domain_id, name, content, type,ttl,prio)
>
>         VALUES (1,'www.free-hosted.be','62.163.214.157','A',120,NULL);
>
>         INSERT INTO records (domain_id, name, content, type,ttl,prio)
>
>         VALUES (1,'localhost.free-hosted.be','127.0.0.1','A',120,NULL);
>

> Is this good? (I think no want it isn't working)

No. Derrick Pates told you of some problems two days ago. It
seems the only thing changed since then is the addition of an
(invalid) SOA record. The other things (IP as NS content and the
sole server not even pinging, let alone replying on TCP ou UDP
port 53) are unchanged.

> How i can fucking fix it.

I debated whether I should answer this mail or not because of
your language. I decided to do so, not to help you but so that
Derrik won't feel he has to repeat all he wrote previously.

> I have search a week for help pff and PowerDns was easy with
> MySQL, If this isn't working I go to Bind9

As you please. Not that it will help; the problems you have
concern the DNS protocol, IP networking basics, researching
technical problems and following written instructions; those
problems will be the same with bind.