[Pdns-users] Two questions about powerdns

Oded Arbel oded at geek.co.il
Sun Jan 22 10:43:43 UTC 2006

On Sunday, 22 בJanuary 2006 11:26, bert hubert wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 10:28:07AM +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > 1) I'm using the gmysql backend and when I add a new record for a
> > domain (with the update time set to now()) powerdns does not send
> > out domain update notifications. It does this only if I change the
> > serial in the SOA record for the domain. I thought the whole point

> That understanding is wrong :-) SOA auto serial calculation is
> separate from notified serial. You need to really update the SOA
> serial number.

It kind of annoying, because the SOA serial is stuck in the middle of
the SOA record that is stored textually in the records table - so I
can't easily automate it. In moving to power dns, I was hoping to get
rid of all the specially crafted text parsing that had to be done to
manage bind domains, and apparently that is not the case.

> > all domains transferred), I tried to set up one domain on the
> > former bind master server to slave with the powerdns server as the
> > master (I can't change the software on that server at this time)
> > and I get this error when the bind checks for update on the
> > powerdns server:
>
> Known bug, it is gone in the latest snapshot
> http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/562/

Thanks for the answers.

I'll have to roll my own RPM for this, as this is high priority for me
and I can't wait for my distro to bundle a new version - I was hoping I
wont have to do this.

Any idea when will 2.9.20 be released ?

--
Oded

::..
"I didn't know it was impossible when I did it."