[Pdns-users] Odd random crashes

Jeroen Wunnink jeroen at easyhosting.nl
Mon Jan 16 09:44:46 UTC 2006

The fancy record issues involved fancy records simply not working,
I've tried the rpm and a manual compile with the fancy records
switch, but pdns would not return any values when fancy records were involved.

(I saw 1 other person on the list who had the same issues btw)

I'll wait for the .20 release though, see if it works there :-), for
now I wrote a quick cronjob to check if pdns has crashed and if so starts it.

At 18:22 14-1-2006, you wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:21:26PM +0100, Jeroen Wunnink wrote:
>
> > This is pdns 2.9.18 (the .19 gives us issues with the fancy records)
> > on a Fedora C2 machine with the latest legacy updates on it.
> > When it crashes out like this, the guardian process will die too, we
> > tried both a self compiled version (guardian doesn't crash, but it
>
>I'd love to help but 2.9.19 fixes a lot of bugs over 2.9.18 that might be
>causing this.
>
>Can you explain the fancy record issues?
>
>Good luck!
>
>--
>http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
>http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
systeembeheer at easyhosting.nl

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolo.nl