[Pdns-users] mx failure scenario

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 23:23:05 UTC 2006

On 12/21/06, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:00:30AM -0800, gnu not unix wrote:
> One thing that looks odd, but is completely legal, is that you have an NS
> record pointing to the name of your zone. Conceivably, this might be
> confusing PowerDNS, as this is somewhat rare.

That seems to have been the problem, as now the auth. servers don't
return the spurious SOA, that seems to befuddle some resolvers.

I'm not even sure how to write that bug report because it is so weird:

PowerDNS returns spurious SOA record when queried for a subodmain with
glue that points to itself?

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us