[Pdns-users] 2.9.21 binary packages and clobbering recursor

Kirk Friggstad friggstadk at ironsolutions.com
Thu Aug 24 15:05:56 UTC 2006

One quick request regarding the 2.9.21 release - for the binary packages
(RPM, etc.) would it be possible to have an "authoritative only" package
that doesn't include the recursor? I ended up having to use the --force
option in rpm when testing the 2.9.21 snapshot, which overwrote my current
3.1.2 recursor - I was able to reinstall the 3.1.2 recursor afterwards, but
had to use --force again to overwrite the 2.9.21 recursor. It's not a huge
deal, but it does keep things cleaner if the two packages don't have to
clobber each other, especially with the independent release schedules of
pdns_recursor and pdns_server.

Or am I doing things the wrong/stupid way again? Let me know, as I already
have humble pie on my plate, and a little more will be easier to take now
than later. :-)

Thanks again!

Kirk