[Pdns-users] Is it possible to un-resolve a domain?

Richard Mayhew - Nashua Broadband RichardM at nashuabroadband.com
Tue Aug 22 05:33:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

Another option is to follow the route I took, where you can add an
additional field in to the database table, for a status of the domain.
In your search statements in the PDNS config you can add the condition.
For example, new entries are added with A for active, if you wanted to
add a domain that didn't resolve you could mark the domain with H for
hidden and modify the search to check that the domain/zones entries are
marked as A..

I did send out an example config etc, some time ago on the list..

Regards
Richard