WG: [Pdns-users] Pdns mysql persistent connections

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Mon Aug 21 13:15:11 UTC 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 14:23, Simon Pearce wrote:
> > Is it possible to use the mysql persistent connection function with
> > the pdns mysql backend?
>
> Can you elaborate a bit what you mean by this, what advantages this has
> and what function this is? Thanks.
>
> With persistent connections the backend would hold the connection to
> mysql. Instead of opening a new connection to the database for each
> query and disconecting afterwards. I was wondering if it would help
> performance on database queries.

The backends only open connections once and never close them afterwards - only
in case of an error.

Don't mix this with PHPs mysql_pconnect() which isn't a function provided by
the MySQL library. It's completely implemented by PHP to get better
performance and only necessary for web environments.

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/norbert.pubkey.asc