[Pdns-users] Abnormal Program Termination / Security

Michael C. Gates michael at gatesadweb.com
Tue Aug 8 00:04:10 UTC 2006

I am running PowerDNS on Windows 2000 and 2003. One 2003 works great, the
other 2003 and 2000 server seem to crash often with Abnormal Program
Termination. I was reading online that this may be a cause of security. I
have a Novell firewall and ports 53 for UDP and TCP are open. The 2003
server that is running, is on a totally different firewall (Not sure what
kind, but I am sure it is much more sophisticated). Is there anything I
should do to fix this (if it is a vulnerability)?

Best regards,

Michael C. Gates

  _____

Michael C. Gates
Ph/717.798.8142 Fx/954.252.4193
gateshosting.com <http://www.gateshosting.com/>
	     	  <http://www.gateshosting.com/>

GatesHosting.com <http://www.gateshosting.com/>  |  BIGmail(tm) - Email
Large  <http://www.gateshosting.com/aboutbigmail/> Files |  Web Hosting
<http://www.gateshosting.com/web-hosting/>  |  Email
<http://www.gateshosting.com/> Protection |  Custom Web
<http://www.gateshosting.com/web-sites/> Sites
GatesHosting.com has been Hosting, developing custom designed Web Sites and
writing Custom Programs since 1997.