[Pdns-users] Building the latest version from source...

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Sep 10 14:39:52 UTC 2005

At 4:27 PM +0200 2005-09-10, bert hubert wrote:

>  btw, build with:
>   CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include ./configure

	Working on that now.

>  FreeBSD decides to put Boost in /usr/local/include. Make sure to install the
>  boost library!

	I think that boost was installed during my previous unsuccessful
attempt to build 2.9.18 from ports.  At least, I seem to recall
coming in to my laptop the next morning and finding myself answering
questions about how I wanted to build Boost, and although I had no
idea what it was, I decided to take what I felt were reasonable
defaults.  But that's been a while, so I could have imagined things.

>  I just tested, the tar.gz just released build just fine on freebsd 5.4.

	Building now on 4.11-RELEASE.  Thanks!

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755