[Pdns-users] FW: Unable to insert a record

Jeremy jeremy at nucleus.com
Mon Sep 19 18:41:03 UTC 2005

No one has any ideas on this??

Thank You

Jeremy Holterman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:jeremy at nucleus.com]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 4:52 PM
To: 'pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com'
Subject: Unable to insert a record

Hello,

	I'm VERY new to the whole scene, have been trying to find a
DNS server with a database backend for a windows environment and here I
am.  The server is running on a Win2k box, using ODBC connector to a
MySQL database on Fedora Core3.  I've triple checked my config, but
something just isn't working.  When I try to do an A lookup on one of
the "test" domains I don't get any resolution, even though I have the
entries in the database.  The only indication I have of an error, is
when I do an any lookup, this is what the monitor says:

Unable to insert a record of type #0 for 'test.com'

Unable to insert a record of type #0 for 'mail.test.com'

	This made me believe that the permissions for the database
user were not correct, however I've recreated the user with the
installation script multiple times and given the user full rights to the
database, all to no avail.  I've also tried switching the connecting user to
root, this did not result in anything productive either.  Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Jeremy Holterman  ( jeremy at nucleus.com )
Senior Network Analyst, Nucleus Information Service Inc.

1835B 10 Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3C 0K2
Calgary Phone: (403)209-0000  Ext. 2301
Fax: (403)541-9474  Modem: (403)541-9400
1-888-NUCLEUS (682-5387)
www: http://www.nucleus.com