[Pdns-users] Recursor with Root servers

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Thu Oct 6 12:44:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 08:21:01AM +0200, bert hubert wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 12:14:24AM -0500, Barry Bourdage wrote:
> > I currently use the pdns_recursor now, but would like to have it go
> > directly to the root servers, rather than forward.
>
> The pdns_recursor talks to nothing but root and other authoritative servers.

A related question: is there a way to specify the auth-servers for a
certain domain? We use 10.0.0.0/8 space quite a lot, and would like
those ips to resolve to something meaningfull. Is there a config option
in the recursor to specify a (set of) nameserver(s) for 10.in-addr.arpa?

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium