[Pdns-users] NOTIFY problems

Dave Taylor davetaylor at frontiernet.net
Tue Oct 4 20:42:14 UTC 2005

I believe I found when our communicator thread died while searching through
the logs.  Here is the error:

Communicator thread died because of error: Unable to launch gmysql
connection: Unable to connect to da
tabase: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)

We had run an update on the server that required a reboot.  Unfortunately,
pdns is set to start before mysql.  Obvious problem.

It appears that PowerDNS came up eventually, but without the communicator
thread?????