[Pdns-users] NAPTR / ENUM

Eric Liedtke e at musinghalfwit.org
Mon Oct 3 20:24:47 UTC 2005

Greetings everyone. I'm currently having a heck of time with NAPTR
records for the purpose of ENUM. I've read the relevant docs and tried a
myriad of things and the best I've been able to do is that host -t NAPTR
... will return the record with a complaint of being off by 3 bytes.
Here is the current record.

+----+-----------+------------------------------------+-------+---------------------------------------------------+-------+------+-------------+
| id | domain_id | name                               | type  | content 					  | ttl   | prio | change_date |
+----+-----------+------------------------------------+-------+---------------------------------------------------+-------+------+-------------+
|  8 |         2 | 5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.test.net       | NAPTR | 10 10 "u" "sip+E2U"     "!^.*$!sip:paf at test.net!" |  3600 | NULL |        NULL |

the content is actually taken directly from the ENUM rfc since I thought
I was going mad....many of the various content attempts have caused pdns
to crash as well. I figured there must be something I was missing and
was hoping it would be obvious to someone here ; ) Thanks in advance

Also this is the output from host.....

host -t NAPTR 5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.test.net. 192.168.10.4
 *** incomplete NAPTR record for 5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.test.net, offset 64

My best guess currently is that the content is not being parsed correctly
,perhaps due to a special character interpretation or something. Is there
a handy way to debug this kind of problem ?

I went through to try and find what the sql query was in the docs that
pdns would be using and that seemed to execute fine from the mysql cli.
-e