[Pdns-users] big news + PowerDNS Presentation at DENIC online

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Oct 1 07:46:04 UTC 2005

Hi people,

The presentation at DENIC went well, I've put it online here:

                      http://ds9a.nl/powerdns-denic.pdf

It was nice meeting so many PowerDNS users! When asked who used PowerDNS
around 10% of the attendants raised hands.

Now for the big news:

We're going to make some more noise about this, but I can let you know
already that according to an INFORMAL and UNSCIENTIFIC measurement done by
DENIC:

       PowerDNS now powers between 49% and 51% of all German domains!
      (there are 9 million german domains, 7.5 million or so delegated)

Let me repeat that - this is not a formal or scientific measurement but a
quick survey. Don't use these figures, don't trust these figures. They are
not official DENIC position.

On the other hand, I'd be surprised if the real number were lower than 30%
or higher than 60%.

So this is good news in any case!

We'll be releasing 2.9.19 this week, by the way.

Regards,

PowerDNS