[Pdns-users] Configure/Compile problem

Roger Libiez rlibiez at arthmoor.com
Sun Nov 6 07:56:15 UTC 2005

I am trying to compile the source package for PDNS 2.9.19 and am not able to
get past the configuration stage for the mysql library.

I am running on Fedora Core 4, gcc 4.0.2, and MySQL 4.1.14. I am currently
using the static RPM package from the download site but this is not working
very well. The master/slave notifications repeatedly crash with a signal 11
error for no apparent reason.

When I try to run the configure script, this is what I get:

[samson at boralis: ~/pdns-2.9.19] ./configure --enable-recursor
--with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
..
..
..
..
checking whether we should build static binaries...
checking whether we will be building the server... yes
checking whether we will be building the recursor... yes
checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find the
mysql library dir in '/usr/lib/mysql/lib/mysql /usr/lib/mysql/mysql
/usr/lib/mysql'

The configure script will not accept any variation on the Mysql library
directory and I don't know why. Is it looking for something I don't have? Or
is this program not compatible with MySQL 4.1?