[Pdns-users] AXFR problem

Jan Arve Nygård jan at egroup.no
Thu May 12 15:15:55 UTC 2005

> On Thursday 12 May 2005 16:58, Jan Arve Nygård wrote:
> > I have some issues with pdns (2.9.17-1 static) and AXFR with "disable-
> axfr"
> > enabled. The source IP of the slaves AXFR query is defined in
> > "allow-axfr-ips" in the same master config.
> >
> > disable-axfr=yes
> > allow-axfr-ips=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> disable-axfr=yes does exactly what it says: disables it completely
> regardless
> of allow-axfr-ips.
>
> If you set disable-axfr=no and list your IPs in allow-axfr-ips, then you
> get
> what you probably want.

My config file says this about the value:

# allow-axfr-ips        If disabled, DO allow zonetransfers from these IP addresses

I thought this meant that it needed to be used in combination with "disable-axfr". I tested your suggestion and it worked fine, the solution was so obvious but I just couldn't see it after a long day :)

Thanks