[Pdns-users] rDNS Delegation

Jeremy May jeremy at rootservices.net
Tue May 10 16:07:30 UTC 2005

Try Class less rDNS ?

 RFC: 2317
http://www.tac.nyc.ny.us/cgi-bin/rfc?2317

http://kimmo.suominen.com/docs/notes-rfc2317/

i used this witha  colo company i used to work for.

--jeremy

Gareth Campling said:
> Hi
>
> Under PDNS is it possible to delegate part of a  certain zone to another
> set of name servers so our customer can manage there own rdns
>
> We currently have the whole /24 setup like the following :
>
> 0.0.10.in-addr.arpa		SOA		dns-server-1.com
> hostmaster at blah.com
> 0.0.10.in-addr.arpa		NS		dns-server-1.com
> 0.0.10.in-addr.arpa		NS		dns-server-2.com
>
> And our customer wants to manage the rnds for there /26 - (10.0.0.0 -
> 10.0.0.64)
>
> Thanks for anyone's help
>
> --
> Gareth Campling
> Network Operations
> Griffin Internet
>
> T  :  0870 804 0 804
> F  :  0870 804 0 805
> DD :  0870 804 0 863
> W  :  www.griffin.com

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose
to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please
delete this communication from your system. Failure to follow this
process may be unlawful. Thank you for your cooperation.

-- Jeremy May
jeremy at rootservices.net
Root Services
Web hosting at an affordable price.