[Pdns-users] LDAP Filter

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Fri May 20 14:35:06 UTC 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 01:32, ms419 at freezone.co.uk wrote:
> How can we limit which LDAP records are used by PowerDNS?
>
> A way we've done this in the past is using LDAP filters - but I
> couldn't find an LDAP filter configuration option anywhere in the
> source.

The attached file contains a patch against the current pdns source code
(original 2.9.17 + ldapbackend_2.9.17.diff) in svn which implements the
possibility of specifying your own ldap filters used for lookups and axfr
transfers, e.g.

ldap-filter-lookup=(&(txtRecord=*):target:) or
ldap-filter-axfr=(&(description=public):target:)

Default for both is ":target:"
If you specify your own filters don't forget to include ":target:". Otherwise
you will get all results and not only the requested one(s). It is possible
that your filter contains more than one ":target:" string.

Have fun

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key