[Pdns-users] AXFR problem

Jan Arve Nygård jan at egroup.no
Thu May 12 14:58:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have some issues with pdns (2.9.17-1 static) and AXFR with "disable-axfr" enabled. The source IP of the slaves AXFR query is defined in "allow-axfr-ips" in the same master config.

The master log file shows me that the source IP of the AXFR query matches the one in the master config file. But it still denies the AXFR query, I also tried the same AXFR query with dig and I get the same result.

If I allow global AXFR in the config, the slaves can transfer the zone without problems.

Here's the master config:

launch=gmysql
#allow-recursion=195.1.17.11, 217.18.206.22
recursor=no
disable-axfr=yes
allow-axfr-ips=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
master=yes
gmysql-dbname=powerdns
gmysql-host=127.0.0.1
gmysql-port=3306
#gmysql-socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
gmysql-password=xxxx
gmysql-user=pdns
local-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
use-logfile=yes
log-dns-details=yes
log-failed-updates=yes
logfile=/var/log/pdns.log
loglevel=20
setgid=pdns
setuid=pdns

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Suggestions are very appriciated :)

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards,

Jan Arve Nygård
Egroup ASA