[Pdns-users] setting up pdn with ldap backend

n-other at artel.kz n-other at artel.kz
Wed Mar 16 09:29:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:53:22 +0100, Norbert Sendetzky wrote
> On Tuesday 15 March 2005 04:24, n-other at artel.kz wrote:
> > Norbert, this is the most funny thing. those 2 queries do return real
> > result (I actually included that result in my first letter).
>
> They were not very informative. Please recompile the ldap backend
> with "-DVERBOSELOG" and post the output to the log files again.

Norbert, I recompiled it, but no additional information were produced. it's
getting more and more interesting just to make it working :)

Mar 16 15:20:44 forever pdns[1897]: Not authoritative for 'tinybloom.net',
sending servfail to 213.211.75.197 (recursion was desired)

for now I have one another question. on this page
http://downloads.powerdns.com/documentation/html/ldap.html
on the top we can see this table

Native	Yes
Master	No
Slave	No
Superslave	No
Autoserial	Yes

would you explain what does it mean? it's said master no. does it mean, that
using pdns with ldap backend is impossible with master=yes in config? i need
to use it as a master

---
With Best Regards,
 Roman Hlynovskiy