[Pdns-users] Multiple database servers

Dimitrij Hilt dimitrij at schlund.de
Sun Mar 6 13:04:08 UTC 2005

Hi Barry,

you can setup it outside from PDNS with Linux-Virtual-Server Project.
Have a look at: www.linuxvirtualserver.org and keepalived.org.

So you can add and remove database servers for maintains in your
loadbalancer. Laodbalancer can be recycled old hardware.

Regards,

Dimitrij

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 07:11:05PM -0600, Barry Bourdage wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>  I checked the archive and found some references to this subject but no
> resolution. I currently have 2 PDNS servers, and 3 postgres boxes with a
> master to slave/slave replication going on.
>
> I would like to have pdns try another slave if one of the slaves goes
> down. Any insight would be appreciated.
>

> Barry

Dimitrij Hilt               Schlund + Partner AG
Brauerstrasse 48            Tel: 0721/91374-0
D-76135 Karlsruhe           http://www.schlund.de