[Pdns-users] BIND AXFR problem

Chris Bradfield chris at gopetslive.com
Tue Mar 29 05:31:45 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am trying to convert from BIND to pdns.  I've created a pdns master
using the bind backend to read my existing BIND config files.  This
works as expected.  However, when pointing one of my BIND slaves at
pdns, I get the following error message from pdns:

Mar 28 17:49:52 gopetslive pdns[4124]: Received NOTIFY for
gopetslive.com from X.X.X.X but slave support is disabled in the
configuration

I also get AXFR "initiated" and "complete" messages, but after the
initial AXFR, no data is actually exchanged, ie after the master zone
has been updated.

I'm running pdns 2.9.17 and BIND 9.2.4.

Thanks,
Chris