[Pdns-users] syslog info/warn/err are the same

Michael Mertel Michael.Mertel at bwc.de
Fri Mar 4 17:00:54 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I'am a bit confused about the logging of PDNS, I defined
the syslog.conf as follows

local3.info                                     -/var/log/pdns/info
local3.warn                                     -/var/log/pdns/warnings
local3.err                                      /var/log/pdns/errors

Logging works, but all files contain the same information. There
is no difference between info and errors, but it should, right?

The related pdns.conf settings are

query-logging=no
loglevel=3
logging-facility=3
log-dns-details=no
log-failed-updates=no

I'am running version 2.9.17, and it really rocks (and logs :)).

Can someone enlighten me?

--Michael