[Pdns-users] LDAP backend notify capability

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Mon Jun 6 09:43:18 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 16:06, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> I saw on http://www.linuxnetworks.de/pdnsldap/index.html that there are
> some patches for pdns 2.9.17 that regard AXFR support. Are there any
> plans for including notify support in the LDAP backend? A possible
> scenario is having some bind slaves that can't take advantage of LDAP
> replication, and need to rely on notify to update their zones.

That's not that easy because LDAP doesn't support notifications to clients
AFAIK. Thus, there would only be the option to regularly scan for changes
which isn't my preferred method.

If you know a more elegant way please let me know.

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/norbert.pubkey.asc