[Pdns-users] PowerDNS version 2.9.18 *almost* released

testacc at xs4all.nl testacc at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 14 22:54:55 UTC 2005

Hi Bert,

Very nice to see all these improvements !

I was searching for the same problem some time ago that Matthijs Mohlmann
had on a debian-sarge system, the only one that it had of three new
installed machines.

This machine didn't also want to run the PDNS-server for queries. PDNS did
ran when you did a "ps-aux" but the DNS-server was never authorative for
resolving domainnames.

1,5 week ago I had the solution found for it. I thought this was already
solved (at the debian side) so I didn't give any comment. I noticed that
Matthijs (my namebuddie) was almost on his own with this problem.

It's nice that it's solved in the newest release. If you want, I can give
some comments about how I solved the issue.

Regards,

Matthijs